Cours disponible en français aussi.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE?
Anyone interested in tea
It is ideal for those who wish to learn and discover world teas for either their personal pleasure and curiosity or to empower those working in retail stores, catering and tea hospitality or other positions in the tea industry. Great for chefs, pastry chefs, wine Sommeliers, baristas, mixologists, bar tenders, nutritionists, restaurant servers who are new to tea. This class is great for those contemplating a career in "Tea Sommellerie"/ tea & food pairings, first time employees in the tea industry to feel more confident when discussing, presenting and serving teas or for tea lovers boosting their personal knowledge about tea, various types, aromas and flavours.
TEA KNOWLEDGE & PREREQUISITES: None
COURSE DURATION AND OPTIONS
- 1 day (7 hours) for an On-site Format 9 :00 AM- 5 :00 PM
- 3 x 2 hours Online tutored sessions Format- Student & Trainer set convenient calendar for both parties including evenings and weekends
For the Online version registrants receive a basic kit with tea utensils and tea samples delivered to their door. Shipping fees contribution may apply to participants based outside North America.
WHAT WOULD YOU GAIN FROM THIS COURSE ?
This course is a perfect foundational introduction to the main tea types, tea styles from different tea producing countries in the world and basic knowledge about tea and food matches.
Participants understand the mysteries of how one common tea plant « Camellia Sinensis » can give so many tea colors in the cup, followed by basics of tea and the culinary world.
Upon successful completion of this Level I course in world teas and the art of serving tea Certification, students gain the following :
- Basic knowledge of world tea types and tea styles
- Tutored Tea Tastings experience
- Basic Tea & Food pairings knowledge
- ITEI Level 1 Award in Tea
CONDITIONS TO OBTAIN ITEI Level 1 Award in Tea
Successful completion of multiple choice exam of 30 questions.
- What is Tea?
- Main Tea varieties
- Main Tea types
- Are Climate, Soil, topography important for growing tea?
- Important tea growing countries and regions
- How is Tea processed?
- One tea plant and Six Colors in the cup
- What are the common characteristics
- ITEI systematic Approach to tasting tea (Foundation Level)
- Main tea utensils and tea preparation
- Basics of pairing tea with food
$379.00 incl taxes and basic tea utensils, tea samples and mystery tea pairing.
Group discounts available.
NEXT ON-SITE CLASS DATES: Let us know about your location so we can validate with ITEI Accredited Educators in your area.
Classes of 10 participants minimum.
NEXT ONLINE TUTORED CLASS DATE START: Students shall discuss the flexible program hours schedule based on a mutual Educator/Student agenda availability.
For additional information and bookings please contact email@example.com
ITEI Level 1 Award in Tea is open to all ITEI Accredited Centres and Educators worldwide.
For inquiries about joining ITEI- International Tea Education Institute and becoming an Accredited Centre and or Educator for any of our programs, please contact Sylvana. P. Levesque at: firstname.lastname@example.org